Re: Could not open debufiles.list on Redhat 9 kernel compile

From: Martin List-Petersen (martin@list-petersen.dk)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 12:00:34 EST

Yep .. all -b switches have been moved from rpm to rpmbuild.

So if you edit the Makefile, replacing call of "rpm" with "rpmbuild" it
works.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

--
Twas FORTRAN as the doloop goes
        Did logzerneg the ifthen block

Beware the runtime-bug my friend
        squrooneg, the false goto
Beware the infiniteloop
        And shun the inprectoo.
                -- "OUTCONERR," to the scheme of "Jabberwocky"

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 17:45, Jay Denebeim wrote: > I've seen quite a few references to this with google, I haven't seen a > solution. The problem is making a stock kernel with 'make rpm' on a > redhat 9 system. Redhat has done something to rpm with version 9 that > is causing it to create a debug package for every package you make. > Unfortunately whatever it's doing is busted for stock kernels. > > I've been unable to find a way to turn off this generation. There is > a variable %_enable_debug_packages 1 in the redhat macros, I've turned > it off, but that hasn't helped. > > So, how do I disable this 'feature'? Does anyone know? > > Jay