Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Thoughts wanted on merging Software Suspend enhancements

From: Lyle Seaman (lws@o-o.yi.org)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 20:55:26 EST

> Haven't you ever pressed the "off" or "lock" button on a computer in a
> lab and walked away?

Yes, I have, but that's not what I was driving at. The question is, what do
you think is the difference between :

(a) pressing "suspend" and walking away, while being assured that suspend will
complete and leave the system ... suspended, until someone triggers a "resume"

and

(b) pressing "suspend" and walking away, while allowing the possibility that
someone might interrupt the suspend operation.

??

Personally, I don't see any difference.