Re: Why is generic hldc beig ignored? RE:Linux 2.4.22-pre4

From: Krzysztof Halasa (khc@pm.waw.pl)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 08:16:59 EST

"Frantisek Rysánek" <rysanek@fccps.cz> writes:

> As for the userspace sethdlc.c by Krzystof Halasa: I was using ver.1.12,
> modified by Mr. Romieu, who has "cut some non-compiling functionality."

It was a q&d version to support Ethernet emulation and did not compile
without it. Was in the README in fact.

> The current version from Krzysztof Halasa is 1.15.

This one doesn't have this problem, Ethernet emulation doesn't get
compiled if the kernel has no support for it.

> Specifically, I was using uniprocessor machines only (no SMP).

This is a common problem. From time to time I perform SMP tests, but they
are neither extensive or long-term :-(

> I've written a short mini-HOWTO - the chapter on test results in terms of
> transfer rates and ping round trips is at
> http://sweb.cz/Frantisek.Rysanek/sync/dscc4+HDLC-Mini-HOWTO.html#Drivers.ope
> n.tests

Looks nice, that's something I always wanted to have... I'll send you
an errata.
Great job.

--
Krzysztof Halasa