Re: Alan Shih: "TCP IP Offloading Interface"

From: David griego (dagriego@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 14:14:13 EST

How does one measure the reliability and security of current software TCP/IP
stacks? Some standard set of test would have to be identified and the TOEs
would need to be tested against this to ensure that they meet some minimum
standard. I would suggest offloading the minimum amount from the OS so that
most of the control could be maintaind by the OS stack. This also would
make failover/routing changes between TOE -TOE, and TOE-NIC easier. Current
offloads such as checksum and segmentation will not be enough for 10GbE
processing, so it would have to be something more than we have today.
David