2.6.0-test1 refuses to boot

From: Martin Loschwitz (madkiss@madkiss.org)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 16:11:17 EST

Hi all,

I'm wanting to test 2.6 and I want to do this on my Acer TravelMate 800 LCi.
However, booting the kernel is not possible here, it always panics at boot
time with the following message: 'VFS: unable to open root device "hda2" or
hda2'. I am using DevFS, with 2.4, it works flawless.

For a very short time, I ran 2.5.70-bk18 on this machine and there it worked
just fine. Chipset is Intel 855PM. I'd really be grateful if somebody was
able to help me with this.

--
  .''`.   Martin Loschwitz           Debian GNU/Linux developer
 : :'  :  madkiss@madkiss.org        madkiss@debian.org