Partitioned loop device..

From: Dimitry V. Ketov (Dimitry.Ketov@avalon.ru)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 02:10:45 EST

Hello,
        Is there any (un)official patch for current stable (or
development) kernel that makes loop device partitioned? I found one on
the ftp://ftp.hq.nasa.gov/pub/ig/ccd/enhanced_loopback/ (it contains
port of Scyld's partition enhancements), but it seems still needs a fix.
In general I plan to use partitioned loop device to simulate real disks
in linux labs, possibly with a help from Stephen Tweedie's testdrive
fault simulator. I just wonder if partitionable/faultable loop device
planned in the future official kernels, or it will be better to write a
separate 'simulated disk' driver???

Thanks in advance,
Dimitry.