Re: Problems compiling modules outside of tree in 2.6.0test1

From: Carl Thompson (cet@carlthompson.net)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 11:48:28 EST

Quoting Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:46:27 -0700
> Carl Thompson <cet@carlthompson.net> bubbled:
>
> What about:
>
> CFLAGS += -I/usr/include/asm/mach-default/

This is what I'm doing now. But this is architecture specific. On some
i386 architectures you might want "include/asm/mach-voyager" or
"include/asm/mach-visws" instead. I don't think I should have to keep
track of architecture specific include paths when the kernel build system
already does that for me. The correct files should automatically be found
when included by kernel headers, in my opinion. Or there out to be a
"include/asm/mach-platform" which is handled like "include/asm" as a
symbolic link which is made by the build system.

> Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel@technotrend.de>

Carl Thompson