Re: USB bugs (was: networking bugs and bugme.osdl.org)

From: Jan Rychter (jan@rychter.com)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 15:24:57 EST

>>>>> "Greg" == Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> writes:
 Greg> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 01:25:33PM -0700, Jan Rychter wrote:

>> I went ahead and retested all of my known USB problems against
>> 2.4.22-pre5. It seems all usb-storage ones are gone, and there is
>> only one bluetooth showstopper, fairly simple to reproduce:
>>
>> 1. boot the machine (using uhci)
>> 2. insert a PCI BCM2033-based bluetooth adapter, observe the
>> firmware
>> getting loaded, don't actually bring the hci0 interface up,
>> 3. remove the adapter, everything looks fine
>> 4. try to rmmod uhci and get:
>> kmem_cache_destroy: Can't free all objects c12c7b40 uhci: not all
>> urb_priv's were freed

 Greg> Is this reproducable on 2.6.0-test1?

I can't reproduce this easily, as I haven't even tried 2.5.* kernels
yet.

 Greg> Does this happen using the usb-uhci driver instead of the uhci
 Greg> driver?

I'll check this and report.

 Greg> And this doesn't cause a failure, right? Just those messages in
 Greg> the log?

It is a showstopper, because the resulting corruption (?) breaks
software suspend. So, use bluetooth once, never suspend again.

--J.