Re: 2.6.0-t1: i2c+sensors still whacky

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 10:33:48 EST

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 03:54:52PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 08:47:18AM +1000, CaT wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 12:31:35AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > > Then just load the i2c_piix4 module. If things still work just fine,
> > > then try the i2c-adm1021 driver. See what the kernel log says then.
> >
> > All went well till the last step of loading the adm1021 driver.
>
> And you are sure you have this hardware device? Is that what the

Yes. I am very definate that this worked in past 2.5 kernels. Remember
how it used to turn my laptop off under load? I was able to read my
temps and stuff though.

> sensors package for 2.4 uses? And 2.4 works just fine, right?

I don't use 2.4. Haven't for ages.

> If so, I suggest you ask the sensors developers on their mailing list as
> this is a driver specific issue, and doesn't sound like a problem due to
> the 2.5 port.

I've added them to To/Cc. (Hey folks :) The full thread is available
here:

If you could have a look I'd really appreciate it.

> > i2c_adapter i2c-0: found normal i2c_range entry for adapter 0, addr 0018
> > i2c_adapter i2c-0: Transaction (pre): CNT=00, CMD=09, ADD=30, DAT0=ff, DAT1=ff
> > i2c_adapter i2c-0: Error: no response!
>
> It's really looking like the driver is trying to talk to a device that
> isn't present, hence the timeouts.

I tried the other drivers and they all failed nicely and without hassle. I
looked through my past .config files and this is the driver that appears
the most in use.

--
"How can I not love the Americans? They helped me with a flat tire the
other day," he said.