Re: Wireless linux router

From: Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 15:09:20 EST

define router... do you mean an ap with nat... or do you meant an actaul
router but with wireless interfaces...

consumer wireless ap's are dreadfully tight on flash and ram. there are
inexpensive embeded pc platforms that are far more appropriate for
consumer wireless development platforms than an accesspoint you buy for
$70 at frys... microtik or soekris boxes come to mind almost immediatly
and there are others.

We have embeded machines built on such platforms doing various tasks
running freebsd and modern linux distros that cost order of $250-400ea

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 root@mauve.demon.co.uk wrote:

> A while ago there was much discussion about wireless routers with
> linux kernels, and no source.
>
> Are there any readily available ones that do, and that I can edit the
> image, and that have a couple of meg of RAM/ROM free?
>
> -

Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
  resort of the scoundrel.  With all due respect to an enlightened but