Re: 2.6.0-test1-ac2 issues / Toshiba Laptop keyboard

From: James H. Cloos Jr. (cloos@jhcloos.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 16:18:28 EST

>>>>> "Ralf" == Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de> writes:

Ralf> atkbd.c: Unknown key (set 2, scancode 0xb2, on isa0060/serio0) pressed.

Ralf> But this happened while typing NORMALLY, with no frills :) I
Ralf> mean, I was just typing in some unix commands - so I never even
Ralf> came close to the keys I never use anyway...

Interesting.

The one example I quoted above, atkbd_set2_keycode[0xb2] is in fact 0.

Perhaps your kb is doing something unusual w/ the key release events.

If the kb is, eg, |=ing w/ 0x80 rather than preceding w/ 0xf0 then
0xb2 would be the release event for 0x32. atkbd_set2_keycode[0x32]
is 48 (KEY_B in input.h).

So if you get unknown scancode 0xb2 from hitting the B key, that is
the cause.

Otherwise, perhaps a list of some keys and what they printk()
might help debug it.

-JimC