Re: i2c-proc module

From: Andrew S. Johnson (andy@asjohnson.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 21:30:27 EST

On Thursday 17 July 2003 06:28 am, Ed Sweetman wrote:
> Andrew S. Johnson wrote:
> > I2C wants an i2c-proc module, but I can't find where
> > to config it. Something like this happens when I run sensors:
> >
> > /proc/sys/dev/sensors/chips or /proc/bus/i2c unreadable;
> > Make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!
> >
> > There was an i2c-proc module with lm_sensors 2.7.0. What
> > am I missing?
> >
> > Andy Johnson
>

> lm_sensors uses sysfs now. Not proc. Sensors hasn't been updated. You'll
> have to use cat.

It seems that by trial and error I figured it out. There's a i2c-dev module that
I have to load first, then via686a, then i2c-isa. This order is different than with
lm_sensors under 2.4 kernels. Also, the i2c-viapro was required before, but
now it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks for helping,

Andy Johnson