Re: Sb16 kernel parameters.

From: Takashi Iwai (tiwai@suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 04:53:26 EST

At Thu, 17 Jul 2003 18:27:05 -0500,
Wes Janzen wrote:

> And at the end of the sb16.c file I found:
>
> #ifndef MODULE
>
> /* format is: snd-sb16=enable,index,id,isapnp,
> port,mpu_port,fm_port,
> irq,dma8,dma16,
> mic_agc,csp,
> [awe_port,seq_ports]
>
> Which is probably what format you'll need to use but I don't know much
> about drivers...;-)
> I don't know what "id" stands for either...

enable, index and id are common options for all modules.
the id is the identifier string for this card instance and must be
unique. it's used as the directory name in /proc/asound, as the tag
in /etc/asound.state, and so on.
you can pass the arbitray string via option, or the null string so
that the driver chooses an approriate name.

Takashi