Re: [ANNOUNCE] QLogic qla2xxx driver update available (v8.00.00b4).

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree (lmb@suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 07:26:22 EST

On 2003-07-18T13:13:52,
   Christoph Hellwig <hch@infradead.org> said:

> > Please come and attend the multipath session at the Kernel Summit and/or
> > the Ottawa Linux Symposium next week to learn why this is a bad idea and
> > how it can be done better -> http://www.linuxsymposium.org/
> -ENOTIME :)

Well, I was inviting Andrew, mostly, I know that you are around for
KS/OLS and are also probably already convinced ;-)

> > QLogic is reasonably good already in that it can be disabled via a
> > module parameter (ql2xfailover=0), allowing the higher level solutions
> > to operate.
> Given that this module never was in 2.4 I don't see clear backwards
> compatiblity problems..

You are being very funny. No, nobody ever shipped a qlogic driver.
Right.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
SuSE Labs - Research & Development, SuSE Linux AG

"If anything can go wrong, it will." "Chance favors the prepared (mind)."
  -- Capt. Edward A. Murphy            -- Louis Pasteur