Re: [ANNOUNCE] QLogic qla2xxx driver update available (v8.00.00b4 ).

From: Jamie Wellnitz (Jamie.Wellnitz@emulex.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:03:42 EST

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 09:46:42AM -0400, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:23, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >
> > - qla2x00_intr_handler should use spin_lock, not spin_lock_irqsave
>
> possibly correct; on x86 irq handlers run with interrupts enabled for
> example; just too dangerous to do this esp if error recovery and similar
> code calls this from process context as well (iirc a few places do)

Is this true? Do irq handlers _always_ run with interrupts enabled?
I thought the driver could control this behavior with the SA_INTERRUPT
flag.

This code in handle_IRQ_event seems to turn interrupts back on
(apparently someone has turned them off), but only if SA_INTERRUPT is
not set.

   if (!(action->flags & SA_INTERRUPT))
                 __sti();

Thanks,