Re: run-parts,find, kupdated: What are they and how to control them?

From: Brian Jackson (brian@brianandsara.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 14:02:54 EST

Look for updatedb in your cron jobs. That's usually what causes a bunch of
find activity for me. You can either diable them or setup /etc/updatedb.conf
to prune some fs's/path's that don't need to be slocate'd. HTH

--Brian Jackson

--
OpenGFS -- http://opengfs.sourceforge.net
Home -- http://www.brianandsara.net