SIS7012 works but get's frozen

From: P.I.Julius (julius@solutions-i.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 18:37:36 EST

Hi kernel hackers

I have a sis7012 sound card with my new laptop SonyVaio PCG-GRT100 but
the sound is not working. I tried out with the kernel i810_audio modul,
with the OpenSounSystem, and with the alsa too, but with every driver my
sound card is not working. The modules are loaded, and i can change the
volume with aumix, but if i try to play a sound file, just the first
second gets played, and then my box gets frozen.

Please help, i really want to hear more then 1 second from a mp3 file :)
Thanks a lot
Julius

--
:: solutions-i.org :: | your imagination + our solutions