Re: 2.5.73: ALSA ISA pnp_init_resource_table compile errors

From: Jochen Hein (jochen@jochen.org)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 00:59:21 EST

Adam Belay <ambx1@neo.rr.com> writes:

> Also there is a kernel parameter to allow dma 0. It is 'allowdma0' and
> I predict the extra dma will get the sound card working.

Can you please add some explanation to the kernel documentation, what
this parameter does and why it helps?

kernel-parameters.txt says only:

[...]
        allowdma0 [ISAPNP]
[...]

pnp.txt says:

[...]
also there are a series of kernel parameters:
allowdma0
pnp_reserve_irq=irq1[,irq2] ....
pnp_reserve_dma=dma1[,dma2] ....
pnp_reserve_io=io1,size1[,io2,size2] ....
pnp_reserve_mem=mem1,size1[,mem2,size2] ....
[...]

Even if I'd read the files, I'd never guess that I should try that
parameter.

Jochen

--
#include <~/.signature>: permission denied