Re: 2.6.0-test1 won't go further than "uncompressing" on a p1/32MB pc

From: Charles Lepple (clepple@ghz.cc)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 12:02:11 EST

michaelm said:
> That is on a p1 150MMX 32MB PC, specifically an IBM ThinkPad 560E. It

I just did a diff between your configuration, and that of my ThinkPad 770
(233 MHz Pentium MMX).

Note to defconfig maintainers: can these options be enabled by default on
i386 (like they were in 2.4)?

Things that you might want to enable:

CONFIG_ISA=y

CONFIG_SERIO=y
CONFIG_SERIO_I8042=y
CONFIG_INPUT_AT_KEYBOARD=y

CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_HW_CONSOLE=y

You also might want to turn off Trident FB support, and turn on generic
VESA support. I have had good luck with the VESA driver, but odd,
irreproducible errors with the Trident code (several versions back;
haven't retested).

--
Charles Lepple <ghz.cc!clepple>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/