Re: 2.6.0-test1 + matroxfb = unuusable VC

From: nick black (dank@suburbanjihad.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 13:33:49 EST

Petr Vandrovec assumed the extended riemann hypothesis and showed:
> I do not think that it has anything to do with AGP, as matroxfb does not
> initiate any AGP transfers.

indeed, the issue would only happen after switching from x back to
console. regardless, not building agp worked aorund the 2.4 problem for
me.

> > some info: (cmdline, dmesg, config, lspci -v -v for bridge/card):
> > video=matroxfb:vesa:0x1bb
>
> I think that you are using fbset somewhere in your initscripts. Either
> do not do that, or apply
> ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/matrox-latest/matroxfb-2.5.72.gz.

i am pretty sure no fbset is being employed; i find no reference to it
in /etc, nor does it seem to be installed anywhere. i certainly haven't
set it up myself on this machine.

> And reconfigure your system to assign IRQ to the AGP devices too.
> matroxfb uses it for delivering some notifications to the userspace
> programs...
> > Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 0
> ... if it hooked IRQ0 as MGA interrupt, anything can happen.

is this a bios issue? if not, need i try anything save the suggested
irq=pcibios? i'll report once i get home and can try things out;
thanks!

--
nick black <dank@reflexsecurity.com>
"np:  nondeterministic polynomial-time