Re: AMD MP, SMP, Tyan 2466

From: Artur Jasowicz (kernel@mousebusiness.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 15:52:52 EST

Joe,
Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried Kingston registered DIMMs and got
the same result (crashes in SMP, runs ok with "nosmp" boot parameter)

I am currently trying to extract your kernel from .deb package, but am
running into RPM hell of circular dependency while trying to install alien
to access .deb archive.

Any chance I could bother you to put a tgz archive with kernel on your
dowlnoads site?

I've also downloaded source archive from your site, but I am not sure if it
is for the AMD mobo. The file linux-2.4.21.tz seems to be configured for
Intel chips, judging from .config file.

I'd rather borrow your kernel source than use your ready-made kernel. I
still have to compile Promise SX6000 drivers for it.

Thanks again

Artur