Re: More powermanagment hooks for pci

From: Patrick Mochel (mochel@osdl.org)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 17:10:38 EST

> Well, there are likely more drivers that need to quiesce PCI card
> before resume. (I was wrong, 8390too does *not* need it, radeonfb
> does). It looks like bug not to have the hook in the first place...

You also didn't credit the original author..

> Patrick, can you comment? I was trying to add power_on hook to PCI
> devices...

I know. I'm thinking of adding power_{off,on} to the core and getting rid
of the level parameter to the suspend/resume functions (like how I changed
system devices). That would require an additional hook to the PCI drivers
so that the call is propogated down to the low-level driver. If that's the
case, then we should add both to struct pci_driver at once.

        -pat