Problem with kernel 2.4.21 and bttv

From: Aurelien Jarno (aurelien@aurel32.net)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 19:34:28 EST

Hi all,

I have just switch from kernel 2.4.20 to kernel 2.4.21, and my TV card
(Miro PC/TV, BT878) stopped to work. I got a lot of the following messages
when I try to access /dev/video0:

bttv: vmalloc_32(8519680) failed
bttv: vmalloc_32(8519680) failed

While grepping vmalloc in the kernel sources, I found the following line
in include/asm-i386/page.h:

#define __VMALLOC_RESERVE (128 << 20)

I changed the value to 128 (MBytes I suppose) to 256, and my TV card
started to work.

My computer is an AMD Ahtlon XP1800+, with a KT266A chipset and 1 GBytes
of RAM (and thus HighMem is enabled).

Has anybody the same problem, and is there other solutions to solve the
problem?

Cheers,
Aurelien