Re: vmalloc - kmalloc and page locks

From: Deas, Jim (James.Deas@warnerbros.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 08:57:26 EST

Thanks for the clarification. I am using mlockall on the user application. This
still leaves me with the mystery of why my system usage goes from 3% to
50% randomly while playing data streams off the harddrive. I can also make
system usage stay at 50% by opening a third stream.
These streams are pulling data at 1.5MB/s each from different files (same HD).
I don't see that as a big strain on the hardware (4.5MB/s total data rate).
Where else should I look to find the bottleneck/latency issue?

Regards,
J. Deas