Re: 2.6.0-test1 gets corrupted data when loading init

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 16:46:31 EST

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:51:08AM +0200, Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 10:34:58AM +0200, Anders Gustafsson wrote:
>> > It breaks between 2.5.70 and 2.5.70-bk1, which contains a update in the
>> > aic79xx-drivers, so my guess is related to that.
>>
>> http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@1.1127.6.4 is the changeset that
>> makes it stop working.
>
> Yeah, and reversing that on 2.6.0-test+bk with the attached patch makes it
> work on 2.6.0-test1.

There are a whole slew of later changesets that haven't made it in yet.
The root cause of your particular problem is not the lun copy optimization,
but a problem with the layout of a data structure that is dma'ed to the
controller and a controller errata. The fix for this is available in
the 20030603 bksend file at my site:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/SRC/

I will try to find some time later this week to review the code that
is now in 2.6 and generate updated changesets for that branch.

--
Justin