Re: 2.6-test1 : make *config doesn't work

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 08:25:41 EST

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:11:50 +0200 (MEST)
Mikael Pettersson <mikpe@csd.uu.se> wrote:

> I reported this ages ago, but noone cared to fix it.
> The problem is (a) modpost was changed to reference a SPARC-only
> ELF constant,

Nothing about STT_REGISTER being Sparc specific contributes
to this problem, STT_REGISTER (along with other platform specific
defines) exists in /usr/include/elf.h regardless of which platform
you are actually using.

> (b) modpost is compiled against the system's C
> library headers instead of the kernel's, and (c) older versions
> of glibc don't have this constant defined (at least not on x86).

Please update so that you have an uptodate /usr/include/elf.h file.

Really, that is the fix.