Re: 2.4.22-pre7: are security issues solved?

From: Aurelien Jarno (aurelien@aurel32.net)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:16:19 EST

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 08:59:03PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Anyway, I'm not that bothered with making /proc/tty/driver root-only,
> even if it is only for what seems to me to be dubious reasons.

Or maybe it is possible to update this information with a longer period.
Let's say for example 5 seconds. So it is almost impossible to determine
the length of a password.

It is a little more complicated, but it has the advantage that the
statistics about the serial ports are still available for normal users.

Aurelien