Re: 2.6.0-test1 + matroxfb = unuusable VC

From: Michel Eyckmans (MCE) (mce@pi.be)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 18:05:38 EST

Greetz,

> > In this case, does it happen if you exit X, or only if you are switching
> > to the console while X are active? If it happens only in second case, then
> > it is bug (I believe fixed long ago) in XFree mga driver: it was sometime
>
> it is the latter case, thanks for the info! regardless, the 2.6.0-test1
> problems continue; i'll update my x this evening if my version doesn't
> contain the fix.

After reading this, I enthousiastically upgraded from Xfree 4.2.0 to
4.3.0, but nothing changed. :-( The problem is indeed X-related, but
refuses to go away after the upgrade.

Also, I've had 4.2.0 and several earlier X versions working just fine
with the "old" matroxfb in the same setup that I'm using now. Was there
a bug workaround for this issue in the old driver? If so, is there any
hope of it returning?

MCE