RE: [KernelServer] Complete page : samples, patchs ...

From: Frederick, Fabian (Fabian.Frederick@prov-liege.be)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 04:45:55 EST

Frederick, Fabian, Thu, Jul 24, 2003 11:27:49 +0200:
> Alexander,
>
> Indeed, html 'screenshot' page is just a copy of one of the pages
> generated by KernelServer.So you have the idea of what it looks like in
> _real_ (I'll add a notice thanks :) ).
>
> You have to run KS on your box to have the full server running !
> with hundred menus and 2000 configs online.

just noticed :)

<IMHO, it's _very_ helpful in some cases:
< -You have a server without X, gtk ....
< -You don't have lib curses ...
< -You're bored by console
< -You want to amaze your friends :)
<It runs in just one 20K file directly in kernel tree.
<I never seen a box running without Perl, so ...
<In general, it's a new face lift.Linux needs this one IMHO.
<btw, it uses Kconfig standard, so nothing, really nothing more
<is needed than wconf.pl

<Once more the link to it :
http://fabian.unixtech.be/kernel/ks.html