2.6.0-test1 Adaptec aic7899 Ultra160 SCSI grief

From: Tugrul Galatali (tugrul@galatali.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 06:17:12 EST

        After months of using 2.5.x with stability on my box, and using
2.6.0-test1 since the day after its release (with the 20030714 ACPI
patch), I had two seemingly random SCSI hangs today. One shortly after
I booted the box in the afternoon, and one after about 15 hours of
uptime. I was busy the first time around, but the second time I managed
to scp out a copy of the current dmesg to another box before a hard
power down.

        Can somebody translate the error in the dmesg into english and advise
me on whether I want to change something in the software or the
hardware?

http://acm.cs.nyu.edu/~tugrul/scsi/

        Thanks in advance,
                Tugrul Galatali