Re: [2.4 patch] netfilter Configure.help cleanup

From: Harald Welte (laforge@netfilter.org)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 15:50:24 EST

On Fri, Jul 18, 2003 at 11:06:49AM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> In message <20030717201304.GL1407@fs.tum.de> you write:
>
> > the patch below does the following changes to the netfilter entries in
> > Configure.help in 2.4.22-pre2:
> > - order similar to net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.in
> > - remove useless short descriptions above CONFIG_*
> > - added CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_RECENT entry (stolen from 2.5)
>
> Sorry Adrian, I think this is overzealous.
>
> Please just add the CONFIG_IP_NF_MATCH_RECENT entry. Remember,
> "stable" means "boring". 8)

I will submit the RECENT entry to davem with my next set of patches.

Does everybody else have an ordered Configure.help? if yes, I'd accept
the patch to comply with common practice. If not, I would just say: who
cares about the order, it's processed by {old,menu,x}config anyway.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/