Re: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)

From: Hans Reiser (reiser@namesys.com)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 07:28:56 EST

Nikita Danilov wrote:

>Shawn writes:
> > Looks like the 2.5.74 is the last one of any respectable size. I'm
> > thinking someone forgot a diff switch (N?) over at namesys...
> >
> > Hans? Time to long-distance spank someone?
>
>Can you try following the instructions on the
>http://www.namesys.com/code.html (requires bitkeeper)?
>
>Nikita.

> > > Thanks, but I tried applying the
> > > 2.6.0-test1-reiser4-2.6.0-test1.diff from that location with a lack of
> > > success.
> > >
> > > It applied cleanly, but it doesn't add a fs/reiser4 directory and
> > > asociated contents. Is there an additional patch, or is this one broken?
> > >
> > > -Tupshin

Nikita, how about phrasing this as:

    `Dear and esteemed potential Reiser4 user, I apologize that we put a
tarball on our website and let it get so obsolete, thereby wasting your
time. I am deleting it now, and will soon put a new one up. In the
meantime, can you use bitkeeper if that is convenient for you? Here is
the URL with the instructions for doing that.....'

It is the usual American business english used in such cases.;-)

--
Hans