Re: Feature proposal (scheduling related)

From: Pavel Machek (pavel@suse.cz)
Date: Mon Jul 28 2003 - 04:29:22 EST

Hi!

> > > With the current scheduler we can prioritize the CPU usage for each
> > > process. What I think would be extremely useful (as I have needed it
> > > many times) is the scheduling of disk I/O and net I/O traffic. 2
> > > examples showing the importance (the numbers are estimations just to
> > > explain whati I mean):
> >
> > Yes that would be nice, and in 2.5 timeframe
> > there was patch doing that. Port it to 2.6 an test it!
>
> Do you remember who wrote those or where one can find it?

After a bit of searching I found this. I'm not 100% sure this is the
same one I am remembering, but it looks like that.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=103962160319984&w=2

[No, I'm probably remembering some other patch, this looks way too
simple, but may be good point to start...]
                                                        Pavel

[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]