Re: 2.6.0-test2-mm3 and mysql

From: Matt Mackall (mpm@selenic.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 11:55:22 EST

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 12:10:01PM +0300, Heikki Tuuri wrote:

> What to do? People who write drivers should run heavy, multithreaded file
> i/o tests on their computer using some SQL database which calls fsync(). For
> example, run the Perl '/sql-bench/innotest's all concurrently on MySQL. If
> the problems are in drivers, that could help.

Did you know that until test2-mm3, nothing would report errors that
occurred on non-synchronous writes? There was no infrastructure to
propagate the error back to userspace. If you wrote a page, the write
failed on an intermittent I/O error, and then read again, you'd
silently get back the old page.

--
Matt Mackall : http://www.selenic.com : of or relating to the moon