RE: TOE brain dump

From: Alan Shih (alan@storlinksemi.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 17:02:09 EST

On an embedded system, no processor will be fast enough to compete with
direct DMA xfer. So just provide sendfile hooks that allow the kernel to
initiate data filling from source to dest then allow TSO to take place.
Kernel still needs to take care of the TCP stack.

I don't see this as building extensive customization though.

Alan