Re: aio: current status

From: Daniel McNeil (daniel@osdl.org)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 16:53:09 EST

I've been testing AIO using Andrew's -mm kernels which includes
many AIO patches. I've written some copy tests using AIO.

The libaio-0.3.93.tar ball has source to the library and man pages.
What kind of examples are you looking for?

I do not think AIO supports sockets, yet. I would ask on the
linux-aio mailing list.

There was an interesting paper from the 2003 Linux Symposium on AIO:
http://archive.linuxsymposium.org/ols2003/Proceedings/All-Reprints/Reprint-Pulavarty-OLS2003.pdf

Daniel McNeil <daniel@osdl.org>