Re: uncorrectable ext2 errors

From: Mike Fedyk (mfedyk@matchmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 13:52:14 EST

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 08:38:22PM +0200, Jan Niehusmann wrote:
> Can you explain how a r/o mounted file system can cause problems?
> Perhaps there is still some connection to my problem.

No it shouldn't cause problems, only that you should umount the filesystem
before you mount it read/write because the fsck might have changed
something, and the kernel will have the old information still in memory, and
might cause MORE corruption, than before.

So, just umount after fsck and you should be set (at least for that part)...