2.6.0-test2: unable to suspend (APM)

From: Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 17:15:19 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to test out APM on my laptop (in order to test some PCMCIA
changes), but I'm hitting a brick wall. I've added the device_suspend()
calls for the SAVE_STATE, DISABLE and the corresponding device_resume()
calls into apm's suspend() function. (this is needed so that PCI
devices receive their notifications.)

However, APM is refusing to suspend. I'm seeing the following kernel
messages:

Suspending devices
hdb: start_power_step(step: 0)
hdb: completing PM request, suspend
hda: start_power_step(step: 0)
hda: start_power_step(step: 1)
hda: complete_power_step(step: 1, stat: 50, err: 0)
hda: completing PM request, suspend
Suspending devices
Suspending devices
apm: suspend: Unable to enter requested state
Devices Resumed
hda: Wakeup request inited, waiting for !BSY...
hda: start_power_step(step: 1000)
blk: queue c03a845c, I/O limit 4095Mb (mask 0xffffffff)
hda: completing PM request, resume
hdb: Wakeup request inited, waiting for !BSY...
hdb: start_power_step(step: 1000)
hdb: completing PM request, resume
Devices Resumed
Devices Resumed

The "apm: suspend: Unable to enter requested state" occurs about 20
seconds afterwards.

(Note that APM worked fine with 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.)

--
Russell King (rmk@arm.linux.org.uk)                The developer of ARM Linux