Re: NPTL v userland v LT (RH9+custom kernel problem)

From: Mathias Fröhlich (Mathias.Froehlich@web.de)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 08:06:04 EST

Hi,

I think you can try out the nss_ldap rpm at

http://na.uni-tuebingen.de/~frohlich/nss_ldap/

It is built on RedHat 9.
The main target of this rpm is to eliminate the recursive entrance bug of
nss_ldap if the ldap host is not resolved before entering the ldap nss
modules gethostbyname. But there is also some threading cleanup included.

I don't know what the real reason of the reported problem is, but it does not
occur since the time i use my patched nss_ldap module.
I use both kinds of kernels with redhat 9 vanilla kernel.org and redhat
modified ones.

 Hope this helps

    Mathias Fröhlich

--