A quick and (relatively) easy response to this SCO BS

From: JLB (jlb@twu.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 12:49:41 EST

O great ones:

Some clever soul on Kuro5hin has posted information on how to obtain a
recent 2.4 kernel from SCO legally.

I strongly recommend that the kernel maintainers create a new "SCOlegal"
branch of the kernel, based on this source code. New drivers can simply be
backported back in, and voila, there's not a thing SCO can do about it.

If this is a waste of everyone's time, I beg your pardon. But given the
current bizarre state of affairs in US law, there is always a chance that
the SCO loonies might win. We need to be prepared. There is a chance,
however slight, that the entire GNU/Linux community could crumble
irrevocably as a direct result of this fiasco.

--Jessica