Re: 2.4.22-rc1 breaks dri in X-4.3.0

From: Marc-Christian Petersen (m.c.p@wolk-project.de)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 15:15:33 EST

On Thursday 07 August 2003 22:01, Ken Moffat wrote:

Hi Ken,

> I've just built 2.4.22-rc1 for my PIII (via chipset, radeon 7500), and
> rebuilt radeon.o from the X 4.3 release. This combination worked with
> 2.4.22-pre7 (although with occasional X lock-ups).

could you please try the DRI sources from XFree cvs repo and see if it makes
any difference? (I'll bet it will)

> In X's log I can see that the radeon module fails to open
> /dev/dri/card0 (no such device) and therefore the module load fails.

Sounds like radeon.i isn't loaded.

> From dmesg I can see that agpgart detects the chipset and reports the
> aperture, but there are zero [drm] messages following.
> My .config shows
> CONFIG_DRM=y
> CONFIG_DRM_NEW=y
> CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=m

do you have radeon.o loaded? "lsmod|grep radeon"

What does dmesg say if it should autoloads the module when you start X?
(assuming you have autoload support enabled)

ciao, Marc