Re: Innovision EIO DM-8301H/R SATA cards...

From: Justin Cormack
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 10:22:03 EST

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 15:29, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Mark Watts wrote:

> >>If they are Silicon Image, yes, they are supported.
> >

> > Great stuff - can someone confirm whether I still need to do the folloing for
> > the latest 2.4.22 kernels in order to get good performance?
> >
> > # hdparm -d1 -X66 /dev/hdX
> > # echo "max_kb_per_request:15" > /proc/.ide/hdX/settings
>

> I have no idea :( I'm off in libata land, which will soon support
> Silicon Image SATA as well...

the answer is yes - there hasnt been an update to the driver. Andre
Hedrick says he has fixed it a month or so ago but has not released it
yet.

btw echo "max_kb_per_request:15" > /proc/.ide/hdX/settings is not for
good performance (it may halve your performance on some drives) it is a
bug workaround.

Look forward to testing libata on Silicon Image.

Justin