2.4.21-ac3 and 16Gigs of ram?

From: Robert L. Harris
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 11:32:53 EST

I was building a new kernel for a production mailserver. I took the old
config from 2.4.18 and did a "make oldconfig" in the 2.4.21-ac3. A
couple new values, compile, install reboot and reboot and reboot, etc.

After a good bit of recompiling it seems that enabling the 64Gig
option instead of the 4Gig causes the machine to reboot after it counts
out it's procs.

This machine only has 4Gigs of memory but is otherwise identicle to
the production server which has 16Gigs.

Thoughts?
Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
@ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
These are MY OPINIONS ALONE. I speak for no-one else.

Life is not a destination, it's a journey.
Microsoft produces 15 car pileups on the highway.
Don't stop traffic to stand and gawk at the tragedy.