Re: flat memory in ppc

From: Jurriaan
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 13:44:33 EST

From: Venkat Raghu <venkatraghu2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:46:59AM -0700
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie. Often it is mentioned that ppc
> based systems are "flat memory".
> So Please clarify
> 1)what exactly flat memory means?
> 2) Please give comparision of x86 and ppc, showing
> the places where they are different.
> 3) So is there any difference in drivers that
> work on ppc platforms.

Unfortunately, you seem to have mistakenly sent your question to the
linux-kernel mailinglist, even if it is neither linux nor kernel
specific. This list has enough on-topic mail as it is.

> Any links/pointers will also be helpful.

Try http://www.google.com or nntp://comp.sys.mac.hardware or some other
newsgroup.

HTH,
Jurriaan
--
We are Borg of dyslexia. Resistors are fertile, prepare to have your ass
laminated.