Re: 2.4.22-pre10 Problems with radeonfb and suspend mode

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 18:17:12 EST

Ruben Puettmann wrote:
On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:13:07PM +0200, wrote:

hello,

If i load the radeonfb module and send my thinkpad with apm -s to
suspend all seems fine but on comming back the screen is still black.

Kernel: 2.4.22-pre10 Hardware: Thinkpad R40 2722 / Sony Z1
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]

Later Tests show that :

#! /usr/bin/bash
rmmod radeonfb
sleep 10
modprobe radeonfb

freeze the laptop.

Interesting - I sent Ben an Oops I got from rmmod'ing radeonfb
(same ATI card as yours on a Dell Latitude C640)... but then
again I have bigger issues with the framebuffer than that :)

Ciao,

--alessandro

"Prima di non essere sincera / Pensa che ti tradisci solo tu"
(Vasco Rossi, 'Prima di partire per un lungo viaggio')