Re: PATCH: mouse and keyboard by default if not embedded

From: Mikael Pettersson
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 05:22:13 EST

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:42:27 +0200 (MEST), Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
>> config INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX
>> - bool "Provide legacy /dev/psaux device"
>> + bool "Provide legacy /dev/psaux device" if EMBEDDED
>
>Now INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX is always (on non-embedded machines) forced to true,
>even on machines without PS/2 keyboard/mouse hardware. Is that OK?

No it is not. I had to set CONFIG_EMBEDDED on my P4 (definitely
not embedded) to get rid of PSAUX. My P4 uses a nice serial mouse,
and I neither need nor want kernel mouse support.

I can understand the desire to provide safe defaults for newbies
doing oldconfig on 2.4 .configs, but the !EMBEDDED implies mouse
change is too rigid.