Re: 2.4.21/2.4.22-rc1: IDE error message on startup

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 15:42:51 EST

Given the early nature of the test, its design was to catch devices which
fail to issue an abort for unsupported command sets. This was to be a
means to flag the device as possible non-compliant. It is okay to remove
or delete all, as clearly early warnings about standard command sets not
being supported was a silly design on my part.

Making all error messages hide by far is superior than exposing a
potential problem with hardware. Maybe exposing the facts of media
forensics would clarify the issues; however, it is not that important.

Regards,

--a