Re: uncorrectable ext2 errors

From: Jan Niehusmann
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 15:59:20 EST

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:12:36PM +0200, Andries Brouwer wrote:
> Last September or so there was a long discussion about a
> filesystem that was destroyed. But what I recall is that
> in the end it turned out not to be a hardware problem,
> but a precedence problem - two missing parentheses in the driver.
>
> Google will tell you all, I suppose. Search for Promise and Isely.

Yes, thanks, I found these mails, and they may describe exactly the
symptoms I saw on my server. So perhaps the fixes have not been
(correctly) applied?

I only saw the mails from Mike Isely, but no 'official' response. Do you
remember if the patches got accepted by one of the maintainers? Andre?

Jan