sis fb 2.4/2.6 boot issue

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 20:15:57 EST

Hi

Building a kernel with the sis acceleration and fb modules built in instead of
as modules makes the machine always boot in a framebuffer mode on a sis 630
chipset. This happens even if I specify vga=normal with my bootloader. While
this isn't a major problem in itself; when X starts up, because some memory
is apparently already allocated to the FB, the colours are all a little off.
Building it as modules does not have this issue, and building vesa fb into
the kernel also does not have this problem.

Con