Re: PCI1410 Interrupt Problems

From: Jochen Friedrich
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 13:47:42 EST

Hi Russell,

> Unfortunately, there are some hacks in the kernel at the moment which
> mess up the Cardbus IRQ routing by touching this register - the kernel
> should not be the one to play with hardware design specific register
> settings, especially when they are applied without thought across
> many hardware variants.

after thinking a bit, i believe, you're right here. Initially, i just
wanted to have an option to mess with this register, but there is already
the setpci tool which can do exactly this. So for now, i just added the
setpci command to my modules.conf and i'm set.

It's just a shame that PCI/Cardbus bridge manufacturers try to save a few
cents by not soldering the configuration EEPROM to their board and supply
some specialized drivers for Win just to make their crap work. So if you
place 2 different cards in the same PC with the same PCI1410 but different
pin mapping, you're doomed...

--jochen